THE MISSION OF BROTHERS IN BLUE REENTRY (BIBR) IS TO
PROVIDE TRANSFORMATIONAL HOPE AND CHANGE FOR THE INCARCERATED.
We are an intensive, voluntary faith and values-based program of work and study within a supportive community that promotes transformation from the inside out.
What We Do
Brothers In Blue Reentry is a faith-based in-prison program, designed to give hope to inmates and facilitate an inner change which equips them to function as givers instead
The outcomes of our program show the recidivism rate of our alumni is 13%, which is approximately 1/3rd of the 39% for the state of Kansas, and far below the 76% national average. This means more responsible individuals are contributing to family, work, community, church and society.
The savings to the state and taxpayers is substantial – it costs $2,500 per year for an inmate to graduate from our program vs. the $25,000 cost of a year of incarceration. Every one of our success stories is a direct savings for the people of Kansas.
Why We Do It
- Provide a core educational curriculum and practical tools for more responsible and productive living.
- Build and foster attitudes of integrity, love and accountability.
- Teach and reinforce cognitive practices which guide and influence positive actions.
- Provide a mentor for each member through our partnership with the Mentoring4Success program.
- Facilitate an avenue of reconciliation where appropriate, leading to healing of trauma and restoration of healthy families.
- Provide G.E.D., literacy, and substance abuse education to BIBR inmates in need.
- Provide 6-months to 1-year of post-incarceration support to each alumni in conjunction with the support of our community partners.
- Continue to reduce recidivism rates of our program graduates in Kansas after release.